Friday, February 4, 2011

Fashion Controversy



Michelle Obama wore British designer Alexander McQueen to The State Dinner.  This has caused some controvery since she normally supports American designers.  I guess I can see both sides of this because who wouldn't want to wear a dream like McQueen gown if you could?!  I mean he was a genius!  But on the other had I do think that she should support American designers being that she is the First Lady.  All in all she did look fabulous.  I may be a little late on this but thought it was interesting!

"CFDA believes in promoting American fashion. Our First Lady Michelle Obama has been wonderful at promoting our designers, so we were surprised and a little disappointed not to be represented for this major state dinner." - Diane von Furstenberg President of Council of Fashion Designers of America told WWD

Oscar De la Renta stated..... "My understanding is that the visit was to promote American-Chinese trade -- American products in China and Chinese products in America," the designer told WWD. "Why do you wear European clothes?"

To make sure he wasn't misunderstood, he added, "I'm not talking about my clothes, my business. I'm old, and I don't need it. But there are a lot of young people, very talented people here who do."

Do you think she should have worn an American designer?

**Quotes from WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment